I'm not sure why you are trying to install additional components but you should have:
- Client for Microsoft Networks
- File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
- Dialup Adapter (used for normal Dialup Networking)
- Your ethernet adapter (which will be shown by its name)
- TCP/IP for your Dialup Adapter
- TCP/IP for your Ethernet Adapter
You may also have IPX/SPX and/or NetBEUI protocols installed but to connect to other computers in the LAN, these would have to be installed in the other computers too. The internet *requires* TCP/IP protocol.