Connecting WiFi TV using a bridge or a router?

Daibus 13:57 05 Jul 2009

Am considering purchasing a new LCD TV that which has the facility to be connected to the internet.

The only problem would be that the TV must be connected directly by a network cable (RJ45) as the TV I am interested in does not have WiFi.

Is it therefore possible to connect a second bridge or router to the internet connection on the TV, which could then detect the broadband connection from my primary router in the other part of the house?

Many thanks.

ambra4 14:56 05 Jul 2009

Take a look at these two units

Belkin 802.11g Wireless Ethernet Adapter

click here

Belkin Wireless G Ethernet Adapter F5D7330uk review

click here

Netgear WGE101 54Mbps 802.11g/b Wireless Ethernet Bridge

click here

Netgear WGE101 Wireless Ethernet Bridge Review

click here

NETGEAR WGE101 - Installation Guide.

click here

Daibus 18:08 05 Jul 2009

Many thanks for your reply and it looks as though these items would give me internet access to the TV from my router.

Rahere 18:59 05 Jul 2009

These use the mains wiring in your house instead of trailing long wires round your house. Plug one into a mains socket near your router connect it with an ethernet cable, another close to your TV connect with an ethernet cable. That's more or less it.

Speeds are generally faster and more stable than wireless.

Hope this is what you wanted!

Daibus 19:12 05 Jul 2009

Not sure how that system works and maybe I would be a bit nervous as I'm in Spain and the electric wiring etc. can sometimes be not up to UK standards.

Further info on the system though would be very helpful.

Cheers.

Rahere 19:22 05 Jul 2009

Spain might present some challenges with wiring and different sockets but the principle is the same read click here

for UK try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?