connecting two xp pcs

picklsey 06:52 26 Sep 2004

could someone let me know (in simple terms please)how i could link two xp pcs one pent.4 the other amd (don,t know if that makes any difference)it,s just for a short time to save me jumping between the two whilst i set one up for my daughter.i have this one in my living room the other in the b/room.if i could hook up the two in the l/room so as they could share the same monitor.could i use a usb cable both pcs are usb 2.any advise on cheap options please.thanks.

Derek 07:09 26 Sep 2004

First thing is that you'll need a switch box to move from one PC box to another, then you can switch each to one monitor. These boxes cost about ten to fourteen pound but don't forget, you'll have to fork out for the cables to connect them.
So, the cheapest way is to have two monitors side by side (if you already have a second monitor)with their own mice and keyboards.

You'll get a lot of help from this forum for the remainder of the process, failing that, do a search on this forum because it has had extensive coverage.

picklsey 07:18 26 Sep 2004

derek thanks for your response unfortunatly i don,t have the room to set up a second moniter ect in the l/room (i reckon i have but she who thinks she must be obeyed says i don,t!)i will just jump between the pcs i am only going to have the other pc a couple of days whilst i set it up.cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?