Connecting a TV to a PC using a 3 pin Scart lead.

Josho™ 17:32 23 Aug 2006

I know this is similar to the other post but anyways... I have an ATi Radeon 9600, it has a yellow pin type connector on the back, I have plugged a cable into that and into the back ov my TV, no luck, so I changed a few setting and am about to install the drivers, again. If that doesn't work what should I do? Thank you!

woodchip 17:41 23 Aug 2006

You need more than just a Yellow lead to connect. You need S-Video and Analog Sound leads. Plus a Scart Adapter to connect them to.

Josho™ 17:44 23 Aug 2006

OK, I don't want sound, just connecting a yellow pin that says TV out to a TV with a scart lead. I mean, on this lead, there is a scart plug, and on the other end three pins, I just connected the yellow one. Or do I HAVE to use S-Video?

woodchip 17:45 23 Aug 2006

Yes S-Video is for Picture

rodriguez 17:47 23 Aug 2006

It depends if your video card only has an S-Video socket. Mine only had S-Video but it came with a short cable that converted it to composite which is what the yellow lead plugs into.

Josho™ 17:52 23 Aug 2006

So, what is the yellow output that says TV Out on it far?

€dstowe 18:51 23 Aug 2006

Yellow connector is composite video. It will only work if connected to a similar coloured connector at both ends.

Stuartli 19:18 23 Aug 2006

It will be an RCA phono plug (yellow) video connection from the description - you also need red and black 3.5mm jackplug audio leads for the sound.

You can get Scart to RCA phono and jackplugs audio leads quite reasonably. Make sure that the Scart lead input/output is either two way or from the PC to the Scart plug.

woodchip 19:21 23 Aug 2006

PS You may have to go into your Display Adapter Software while the TV is connected for to get it to work. Right click on Desktop\Properties\Settings\Advanced\Adapter or Ati Look for dual display settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?