Connecting to TV

MikeyT 23:09 06 Mar 2004

Is there a siple way of connecting my PC to the TV via a scart socket or the RYW (3 socket) AV3 plugs on TV?

Hopefully I can then play my DVD's on my TV and not have to put up with the small screen when I have a big screen sat there!!!

johnnyrocker 00:17 07 Mar 2004

what graphics card?

johnny.

SEASHANTY 00:22 07 Mar 2004

Ideally you need a PC with a graphics card which has TV OUT (which is usually a S-VHS connection) You then need to connect this to the S-VHS socket on your TV if you have one. Note that this S-VHS is video only. You would also need an output from your sound card usually a stereo jack plug connected to two RCA phono plugs to go to your TV sound input.
You mention just an AV3 socket with three phono inputs marked Yellow White and Red. This is a composite video input (on yellow) with sound on White and Red. S-VHS to composite doesn't always work that well. Ideally you want a cable from your PC containing the 4 pin S-VHS + two RCA Phono plugs connected to a scart plug that you can plug into the TV. Such a cable should cost less than £10. However Cable Universe have a lead (quite pricey) which will connect a PC to a TV using the SVA plug. Can't tell you how well they work though. click here

johnnyrocker 00:25 07 Mar 2004

click here for a much simpler solution.

johnny.

MikeyT 00:29 07 Mar 2004

This is what i have accordign to PC Pitstop

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Hope that helps

SEASHANTY 00:33 07 Mar 2004

Penultimate line in above thread should read VGA plug NOT SVA. Do a search in Google for AV Cables ? S-VHS to Scart cables etcetera.

johnnyrocker 00:35 07 Mar 2004

click here can supply the relevant cables and if not click here will

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:57 07 Mar 2004

and the outcome was?

johnny.

MikeyT 01:02 07 Mar 2004

Johnnyrocker and seashanty thanks. Will get a TV out card and get cable off ebay priced at £8.

A pleasure

MikeyT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?