Connecting SONY handycam...Help!!!!

ramiro 22:31 05 Feb 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, i just bought a model of the DCR-SR190E from Costco. Great camera, but I cannot install the Picture Motion Browser v2.0.06 which came with the camcorder.

After I accept the license agreement the install wizard asks me to connect the camcorder to the USB of the computer. I did this, switched the camera on and put the camera into "computer" mode through the menus. My computer did the USB sound and displayed the camcorder hard drive in the explorer. So all looks good so far.

But...

I pressed "Next" on the install wizard and it comes up with the following error:

CANNOT CONFIRM A CONNECTION WITH A CAMERA.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE CONNECTED CAMERA IS THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THIS INSTALLER CD, AND CONNECT THE CAMERA AGAIN.

I have done this several times but no success, I cannot get past this step. The manual troubleshooting section just says disconnect everything, turn off camera and reboot and try again. I've done this several times aswell and also tried a couple of different USB cables.

Oh and the camera just says

"Connecting... do not unplug the USB cable"

Please help this is driving me nuts!!!

I am from Barcelona so sorry because of my english...
I noticed that this same problem happened to a lot of people...sony is not helping at all with it, so if anyone knows something about ir please help...

MAT ALAN 22:37 05 Feb 2008

click here

post here on another forum is WORD FOR WORD, whats going on!!!

eedcam 22:38 05 Feb 2008

Hi if you dont get any help here try this forum dedicated to Camcorders Etc.,
click here

project 90 00:12 06 Feb 2008

buy a firewire cable try that it worked for mine :)

is that camera the hdd 1?

ramiro 07:14 06 Feb 2008

Yes...I went to camcorders.com...there i found this post, the same problem im having now...(that article is from 6 months ago) so as it is the SAME problem my handycam has i posted the way i find it, so if enyone can help that would be great.
In the othe internet site there were no answers.
Im from spain so my english is not that good...

eedcam 09:49 06 Feb 2008

Ramiro onthat site I posted click here
you will need to join and post your question dont worry your english is fine they will be quite understanding

MAT ALAN 17:14 06 Feb 2008

ramiro, got your email, not a problem my friend, and it was a good idea.
sorry i cannot be of more help...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires