connecting the printer wirless

ca 00:15 08 Oct 2006

I would like to complete my home wireless network. I recently purchase a Cable Belkin G router for our main home computer with runs on OS XP,ISP is ntl; we also purchase a Belkin adapter for our laptop with is running on OS 2000 this computer also has a network connection to a works network with printer already on that network. I have been able to network the Internet but can not share files or the printer which is an Epson photo 810. Can anyone help? Every thing we have read tell us how to connect when using the same OS system not when shareing is on two different systems.

STREETWORK 08:20 08 Oct 2006

Printer:

Open control panel and select 'printers and faxes'. Right click on the printer and select properties. click the sharing tab and select the sharing option for all network users.

Folders:

Make a new folder on the harddrive of the client PC. Call it something like 'shared files'. Then right click it and slect the sharing tab. Again tick the box to share it with all network users.

Note:

This process may be done for any hardware attached which supports sharing...

STREETWORK 08:23 08 Oct 2006

Then.

On ther other PC's add a printer using the 'add printer' function in control panel, printers and faxes. When the wizard runs make sure you select the networked printer option...

ade.h 15:09 08 Oct 2006
  Danoh 09:53 09 Oct 2006

Your work laptop will have a different workgroup for your work network to that required for your home network, to access your home printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?