Connecting a PC and Laptop

Munter 21:13 16 Mar 2003

I am attempting to connect my Laptop and PC, using 2 network cards and a cross over cable. Both computers are running windows 2000. Both network cards are working, and a direct connection has been made. Yet i am unable to share anything between the two machines. Does anyone what i am supposed to do to allow enable me to access one machine from another?

jst 21:34 16 Mar 2003

right click on the hard drive icons and enable sharing

Munter 21:36 16 Mar 2003

I have tried that. All drives are enabled for sharing.

woodchip 22:58 16 Mar 2003

If you only need to share files, and you have USB on both computers, then a USB bridging cable is the easy way to go click here this one click here

asw 10:25 17 Mar 2003

I agree about the USB option. I've been useing the PC-Linq system from Prolific Technology (see Woodchip's link) for over a year. Bridging laptops and desktops running any combination of Win XP Pro, Win '98SE and Win 2K. Cost of a single connection system £15.00. There's also a small network system available at about £24.00.

medicine hat 14:27 17 Mar 2003

Does Win2k have a networking wizard?

Munter 16:01 17 Mar 2003

I have tried the Win2k networking wizard, on each machine. I set my PC to be the host and the laptop to access the PC. When i click on the connection a user name and password is asked for. Regardless of what user name or password i put in, an error occurs, informing me that the computer i am attempting to connect to does not recognise the PPP connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?