Connecting and/or DVD to computer

kalstras 11:48 04 Nov 2007

I have an HP Pavilion Media Centre PC that allows connection to two monitors. My TV does not have an S-Video attatchment, but my DVD player does. So If I attatch this S-Vid cable to my DVD player, and then attatch the yellow red and white cable to the front of my DVD player, I can use my tv as a second monitor. Is there a better way?

I was wondering if there is a cable that will allow me to connect to the DVI/SVG slot in the back of my comp (I have two connections, one taken with my monitor of course) and then attach it to my TV if and when I want. I do not want it connected at all times, because of the cables connecting to the front look untidy.

My DVD Player is a Toshiba RD85DT
My TV is a Toshiba 32Z13B and has onle two Scart sockets (both occupied AV1-AV2) one aerial in, one aerial out, and a red/white stereo connction at the back. In the front there is a panel that has the red/white/yellow connections (AV3)

Any help advice would be appreciated

kalstras 14:22 04 Nov 2007

I need a better way to connect with little effort as the way that is working now makes my living room look like a spider web in the making...

DieSse 14:42 04 Nov 2007

I see it's a Recorder not just a player. But I don't see that you need to go via it to get to the TV.

If your PC has an s-video out - you can get a cable to attach to there, plus a cable from a sound output on the PC, into an adapter that will give you three phono plugs to go straight into the AV3 input on your TV.

See the S-VHS/Composite Video Converter - down the page click here

Plug this into the TV AV3- with an svideo cable into it from your PC.

Plus a mini-jack to phono cable for the sound - or a 2 Phono to 3.5mm Stereo Adaptor on the same link plus a set of phone cables to the TV AV3.

Or on the same link there's a whole AV connection kit with lots of adapters to which you'll probably only need to add cables.

Quality-wise films will probably be watchable - but a normal computer desktop not.

kalstras 18:06 04 Nov 2007

what an awesome reply!
thank you very much!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?