Connecting new computer to broadband

CASERA 21:11 03 Sep 2006

Hi

I currently have a Desktop at home and am looking to get another one for my son to play around with, internet access etc. Can anyone help:

I have tiscali broadband at the moment on my existing PC (using a dial up modem) what do I need to do to get broadband working on the new computer - will I have to pay another 14.99pm?? or can I run more than one computer off the broadband I already have?

My existing PC is in the gagage that has been converted to an office and the new one will go in the living room so will be unable to connect using a wire.

Thanks

Strawballs 21:20 03 Sep 2006

If you have Tiscali broadband at the moment get a modem/router then you can both go on the net with the same connection at the same time or one at a time.
click here This is an example of what you will need there are others and you won't need the pcmcia card that comes free with it you will need a wireless usb adapter for the second PC or PCI card if you don't mind taking off the side.

Your machine can connect to it by wire just as it does now.

ade.h 21:26 03 Sep 2006

Duplicated click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?