Connecting my Wii to Orange Wireless broadband

User-0AEAC900-29E8-4D97-ACAC6A4B7F8A6406 15:10 06 Apr 2008

I am having trouble connecting m Wii to my wireless orange broadband. I have tried connecting, typing in the security code on the bottom of my box. I get error message 51330 and am not sure how to solve this. Does anybody have any ideas; Mario Kart is out this Friday!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:18 06 Apr 2008

1.Log on to the orange livebox as admin.

2.leave the firewall setting on medium.

3.Select 'security' and chose the 'wireless connection option' Change the channel from 1 to 11 or if it already on 11 then change it to 1.

4.Under 'configuration' select 'advanced' then select 'wireless'. Change the security to the WEP only option. once you apply this change all pc's etc connected to you network will be disconnected.

5.Wait for the router to restart and go into pairing mode (about 90 secs).

6.Restart your PC, log back in and check to make sure you have an internet connection.

7. On your Wii go into the internet option (via settings) and select one of the 3 connections.

8.Clear all the settings for that connection.

9.Go through the steps for creation a new set up i.e search for SSID. At type of security select WEP and put in the WEP key (26 characters).

10.Optain IP and DNS addresses automatically and save the settings

Run the test and you should connect within 30 secs.

Honeybee139 21:10 10 Jun 2008

i have read the above but my laptop wouldnt let me change some of the settings and it made absolutely no difference when i did all the rest.

My Wii still will not connect to my Orange wireless internet and I have no idea how to sort it,

Can anyone help??

Fiona

woodchip 21:28 10 Jun 2008

I connect to internet with Wii, all you need is your Encryption key from the router. Put this in the Wii settings to connect

woodchip 21:34 10 Jun 2008

I am connected with my Wii using WPA

woodchip 21:44 10 Jun 2008

I use TalkTalk to connect

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:16 10 Jun 2008

which settings wouldn't change?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?