Connecting My Video Card To My Tv

MrNikkel 03:07 31 Aug 2003

Whats happening yall

Quick Question, where would you guys go if you wanted to get a cable that would connect your Nvidia GeForce 4 to your television. The Cable that came with my card is mising, and I need a new one. I Couldn't find one at the cards' site, and none of my local computer parts suppliers were any help. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

hugh-265156 04:12 31 Aug 2003

"The Cable that came with my card is mising"

if its a new card,bring it back and ask nicely for a new one that comes with the correct adapters and leads supplied in the box.

there is no standard s-video connection when it comes to graphics cards.some cards use a four pin s-video connector,this is the kind you find on dvd players and tvs etc.if so,you can pick up an s-video to s-video or s-video to composite or s-video to scart lead in any good home entertainment/hi-fi store.

seven or eight pin svideo connectors are also used.the adapter supplied with most cards is a s-video to composite adapter, you should be able to pick one up from maplins or similar.

-pops- 07:19 31 Aug 2003

Why do you want to connect your computer to your television set?

If it's to watch DVD movies, remember that you can get a standalone DVD player for less than £40 at loads of places now.

If it's to use your TV set as a monitor, note that the definition of the CRT in a television is very, very much lower that of a computer monitor and the text as you are reading here would be most likely just a blur on a TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?