Connecting laptop to net via wireless connection

Logov 21:44 03 Aug 2008

I have a desktop with a Asus P5B Deluxe mobo which came with a WiFi AP Solo LAN adapter. I've only just installed this as I didn't need it previously but since using a laptop for work I decided I want to get things up and running.

I followed the installation instructions in the manual and managed to connect the desktop and laptop to each other (well at least the tray icons say they are connected and that connection is excellent). However, I just can't seem to connect the laptop to the internet via the WiFi AP Solo on my desktop, despite the manual saying this was possible if a "Wireless Access Point" or "soft AP" was established. I'm pretty sure there's something I haven't done on my laptop. But what, I don't know.

(Both desktop and laptop running xp home. Broadband with Tiscali (both pc and laptop can connect directly but only one at a time). Laptop is a Sony Vaio).

Can anyone help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:03 03 Aug 2008

What type of router do you have, is it wireless?

If not and you are connecting via the desktop you need to go into network connection click your connection, properties - advanced - internet connection sharing - click the box allow others to shar...

Logov 08:33 04 Aug 2008

Connecting via the Desktop

woodchip 16:11 04 Aug 2008

Yes but is it by Ethernet Wire or Wireless?

He did ask if you have a Wireless Router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?