Connecting to the internet problem

Greengo 09:42 02 Nov 2006

I have a 3COM OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router. Up until yesterday i was able to connect to the internet with no problem.
All the internet settings in the router are as they should be, the one thing i have noticed is that the SYS led on the router that shows a DSL connection is available is faint when the router is switched on, but within a few seconds switches off.
Any helpful tips would be much appreciated.

Regards
Greego

Strawballs 11:46 02 Nov 2006

Have you tried unplugging the router and leaving for about 30 seconds

Greengo 13:19 02 Nov 2006

Thank you for taking reply. I tried that last night, i even left it off over night and turned it back on this morning. Its still showing the Sys LED and Online Led are still off.

PRS 16:40 02 Nov 2006

My Zoom/Belkin setup suddenly let me down yesterday, too. I have gradually been able to restore the Zoom modem and am using a BT Voyager wireless modem/router as an alternative. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their behaviour.
I used to think that printers were the bane of my life - I am now plagued by internet connections and networks!

Greengo 13:50 03 Nov 2006

I got home last night from working ready to start the time consuming task of trying to figure out what's going on. To my surprise i switched on my router and can you believe it, it went online straight away. I have no explaination why this happened or the reason why it failed. All i know it that it does.
Thanks to all that have tired to help, i did hope i find the cause and solution to pass to others in my situation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?