Connecting to the internet via the IE6 icon

p;3 19:16 27 Jul 2009

I have an interesting problem ;I thought that if one mouse clicked on the Desktop IE6 Browser icon as seen here

[url=click here][img]click here[/img][/url]
and the tab to always dial my default conenction seen here

c [url=click here][img]click here[/img][/url]

is NOT activated as seen here [url=click here][img]click here[/img][/url]
then the internet connection would still activate; as far as I am aware, assuming the machine has a connection TO the internet although it may not be actually on line, then if you click the IE6 icon it WILL connect to the internet? For some odd reason mine does NOT unless my machine has the 'always dial my default connection' tab enabled? Is this right???

birdface 19:31 27 Jul 2009

It should be if you are on a dial up connection.
I have a broadband cable connection and I have Always dial a connection disabled.

p;3 19:43 27 Jul 2009

sorry; it is on broadband; if i dsable the always dial a connection i get 'page cannot be displayed ' or similar and have to connect manually

birdface 20:22 27 Jul 2009

Not sure.I am with Virginmedia and have it disconnected, maybe other ISP's need it connected I do not know.In the square box above it is there anything on there.Mine is blank.Maybe if you let us know what ISP you have someone will be able to give you the proper information.

woodchip 20:23 27 Jul 2009

if on bb it should be switched on all the time, computer should then connect without any help from you when you switch on pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?