Connecting female to female molex plugs

patricktbuckley 17:11 26 Jan 2012

Hi I have just bought an AKASA 5xUSB front bay for my computer. The problem is that it comes with a female molex plug. All the molex plugs from the PSU are female. How can I connect them? Thanks

robin_x 17:49 26 Jan 2012

Male-Male adaptors/cables seem a bit thin on the ground.

How about two of these, cut and crimp or solder

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:58 26 Jan 2012

http://www.delock.com/produkte/gruppen/zubehoer/DelockAdapter4pinMolexmale-male65044.html

KRONOS the First 18:59 26 Jan 2012

Something like this is all you need, Molex .

onthelimit1 20:06 26 Jan 2012

Chronus

That looks perfect - well spotted!

KRONOS the First 13:14 27 Jan 2012

onthelimit1

I have a box full of this type of thing,cables I used in my earlier builds I have very little in my builds these days that use a molex connection but I can remember being in a similar situation as patricktbuckley, so my first port of call whenever I needed some sort of conversion cable is Ebay.

patricktbuckley 17:55 28 Jan 2012

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions. To my embarassment, the female molex on the Arcasa also has a male connector - what fooled me was that at the male end the cables seemed to be entering at the end. When I turned it over (having read a review on Amazon about the same 'problem'), the cables go into the bottom of the molex but very near the end. Thus, checking the end properly, I discovered a male connector. So, sorry for being such a plonker, and thanks to you all for your kindness. At least, I have been given two very good websites (1 on eBay + deLock)for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?