Connecting Creative Zen to an Amplifier

Wessie 22:01 08 Oct 2003

This is not strictly a computer question but recently I brought a Creative Jukebox Zen and then I found out that I could buy a 3.55mm to 2 RCA cable and hook it up to my amplifier. I have brought the cable but there was no instructions with it on which slots should I plug the connectors into on the back of the amplifier, The packaging did refeer me to a cable wizard on their website but this did not tell me either. How do I hook up my creative Jukebox Zen to my amplifier?

Valvegrid 22:29 08 Oct 2003

I'm trying to get to grips with what you are trying to do. I have downloaded the manual to see what sort of outputs it has. I notice it has 2 line output sockets, one for the front speakers, the other for the rear speakers. Usually these outputs are 100 - 300 millivolts, although the manual doesn't make it clear, so they need to plug into the high level input to the amp, this are probably maked Radio or Aux.

Have I understood your question?

Paul.

tbh72 22:45 08 Oct 2003

The phono plugs can be plugged "L"eft & "R"ight to a vacant position in the back of the amp. DO NOT use the phono / record player input on the amp if there is one as this is not suitable for anything other than a record player. Then plug the 3.5mm jack into the headphone socket on your jukebox. That will give you sound output into your amp!!!!

tbh72 22:47 08 Oct 2003

click here if this is the cable you have purchased then the above solution will work for you.

hugh-265156 23:12 08 Oct 2003

any connection on the amp will be fine (aux,cd,line in etc)as above dont plug into phono,it will work but will be loud(very)and may damage the speakers.

Wessie 09:27 09 Oct 2003

Thanks you all for your help, you have resolve the problem for me. Valvegrid you did understand my question

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?