Connecting Belkin Router

dave935 19:55 27 Mar 2007

I have a pc connected to the internet via Blueyonder/Virgin Media and a Motorola Modem/ my pc is connected to the modem via a usb cable.(There is also one ethernet socket on the modem.)I have bought a laptop and a Belkin router-fsd7230-4 to connect the laptop wirelessly to the internet.The pc doesn't need to be wireless?

The instructions tell me to unplug the cable connecting the computer to the modem and plug it into the router but the cable is usb and the router sockets are all ethernet.It then tells me to connect the router to the pc-still the same problem with the cables. Where do I go from here? Help!

Colditz 21:06 27 Mar 2007

if it is a wireless modem router you would be better off forgetting youre virgin modem and using youre belkin e.g belkin connected to pc using ethernet cable which should be provided with youre belkin router then wirelessly connect to youre laptop

Colditz 21:51 27 Mar 2007

I think you will find it means the modem cable.
The one from your phone line to your virgin modem.
Take that out of your modem and plug it into the back of belkin.If you have not got ethernet on your pc you can soon buy an ehternet card to place in a pci port slot in your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?