connected to cable modem but no internet

>steve< 23:27 23 Aug 2007

this one as me baffled,right here we go,i have been connecting to the internet fine through a cable connected to a cable modem for days then suddenly i cant connect to the internet although i am still getting 100mb connection i have tried to repair the connection but still no internet also tried pinging,can ping,tried releasing ip,checked get ip and dns automatically,still no internet,looked to see if winsock was corrupted but it is ok.please help im lost.i even tried to create a new internet connection but still cant connect.any ideas?

Dipso 00:48 24 Aug 2007

You tried powering down the modem, leave for an hour or so then try it again.

dms05 14:29 24 Aug 2007

Or maybe you have a problem with the cable internet connection unrelated to your PC?

>steve< 18:15 24 Aug 2007

i can plug a different pc into the modem and it connects fine i have also tried dipso's sugestion but it still wont open a web page im stuck.i also droped all security,

>steve< 19:35 24 Aug 2007

bump

setecio 21:52 24 Aug 2007

Try internet options - advanced - reset internet explorer settings - reset

skies21 06:35 25 Aug 2007

I recently bought a laptop and a desktop. I have a wireless router and the laptop connects to the network without any problems. However my desktop which has a wireless network card, can't connect to the network. I keeep getting the message " can not detect any network". Please help!!!

setecio 16:17 25 Aug 2007

Are you using the manufacturers utility to scan for networks ?

ambra4 06:17 26 Aug 2007

If any firewalls are installed, uninstall them.

This includes Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, Norton Internet Security, Zero Knowledge Freedom, Cisco VPN Client, F-Secure, McAfee Firewall, Trend Micro, Comodo, PC Tools Firewall Plus etc.

In many cases, disabling the firewall is not enough; you have to actually uninstall it.

Do not install or re-install the firewall until after you have the network functioning properly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?