connect pc to lcd via hdmi

k55ger 11:33 14 Mar 2009

Hi there, just wondering if somebody could answer my question plesae, i have ordered a new base unit to link up with my tv to use as a media centre, the graphics card on the new base unit is a descent spec and comes with a hdmi output, is it just the case of plugging in to my tv hdmi input from the base units hdmi output and selecting the correct av on my tv? I understand that this will only grant me visual, i intend connecting my sound card to my home surround sound.
Would be greatful if sombody could help me out on this subject, thank you very much

Graham. 11:47 14 Mar 2009

It would appear to be simply a case of connecting to the PC with an HDMI cable. You may also be able to configure audio via HDMI if you need to.

Interesting reviews click here

BRYNIT 14:49 14 Mar 2009

Connecting PC to TV with HDMI cable will give you Picture and sound if it has been set up correctly.

I have a Medion PC dual boot. Origianl Windows XP sound and picture no problems. Vista picture only still trying to determine what is preventing sound.

Graham. 14:57 14 Mar 2009

k55ger, please respond in the thread, not by email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?