Connect to office Pc from home !

Ben capewell 20:49 13 Nov 2008

Hi guys, i always seem to get answers of you guys and resolve problems !

Connecting to a pc/network in the office from a pc at home ? (to work in realtime/direct)

So The office has three pc's connected and a Hd drive, (all four ports/lan sockets full) and to what i think is a network ? (is it classed as this)

The phone line comes in to a box ?(router?) and into that is plugged in the three pc's and one hd.

I have been doing the research and googles, and think it is the VPN approach i need to solve this problem, i know there is software like pc anywhere but thats at a price, but the connection would be from one house to the office.

Am i right in thinking i can solve this problem in windows using the new connection wizard, and finding out the ip address of the pc/system i want to connect to, and each pc will have a different ip address or just the complete system.

Any comments please.

The more i research the more i get confused !!ahhh

octal 21:50 13 Nov 2008

Yes it is a VPN network, but I think the office will have to have a server connected to the network for it to work. I connect to my companies network like this so that I can upload safety notices onto the server for the other users to view.

oldbeefer2 08:33 14 Nov 2008

This one is free - any good? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?