Connect to internet via Sitecom WL127 modem router

ezeman67 20:54 05 May 2008

Hi, can somebody please help me. I recently bought the above product and I am having great difficulty in connectiong to AOL with it. The unit is clearly working okay and I have set it up correctly via 192.168.0.1. However connection to AOL is a big problem, Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Ditch999 09:52 06 May 2008

This should explain it. click here

Ditch999 09:57 06 May 2008

And the official AOL version click here Note that the MTU settings appear to be back to 1400 but your router may be set to automatic which I would leave it at unless you have problems.

ezeman67 21:08 06 May 2008

Hi There Ditch, thanks for your help thus far. I followed the instructions and it almost wants to connect to AOL, however I am now receiving an error on AOL which reads, 47-DUN-0678 0x8410101E. When attempting to connect via AOL, it does not get past part one of the initializing process. Any more ideas. Because this item is a modem router, I am trying to connect to the internet via this modem.

Ditch999 21:10 06 May 2008

Do you by any chance have another modem or router connected to your phone line? You can only have one per phone line.

ezeman67 19:28 07 May 2008

HI Ditch, no there is not another modem connected. All I have done is take the DSL cable from the back of the AOL modem and put it in the new one. I have also disconnected the AOL USB cable from the back of the PC when I try to load through the new modem.
Obviously, I have to reconnect through my AOL modem etc in order to have this conversation.

Ditch999 19:59 07 May 2008

If you are using IE go to Tools > Options > Connections and make sure never dial a connection is selected. You can also go to LAN settings and try ticking Automatically detect settings.

phoenix42 20:22 07 May 2008

Hi ezeman67, just wondered if you are attempting to connect via usb.. You say you are using a modem router ,why not via Ethernet ?? Just a thought

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?