connect hifi

  civicr 12:29 21 Dec 2009

Hi all,
Is it possible to connect a hifi amplifier to my pc tower so that I can run internet radio mp3 etc over my big speakers.

  interzone55 13:31 21 Dec 2009

You'll need to get a 3.5mm jack to phone lead from somewhere like maplins, then use this to connect between the line-out socket on your PC (usually green) and a spare line-in on your amp.

  canarieslover 13:38 21 Dec 2009

3.5mm jack to 2 phono adaptor for 'line out' and use phono cables to connect to here

  Input Overload 14:42 21 Dec 2009

If you are filthy rich buying something like the 'Cambridge DAC Magic' (£220) would take your PC's sound chip out of the equation & connect from a USB to the external 'Digital Analogue Converter'. Only worth doing if your Hi-Fi is really top notch though and your sound chip is oldish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?