Connect Galaxy Smartphone to printer via bluetooth

compumac 22:11 27 Mar 2011

I downloaded Samsung Mobile Print to Galaxy S Mobile. I have a Blue Soleil Bluetooth adaptor that I connected directly into my HP Photosmart printer. Software for the Blue Soleil was not installed onto the PC as my intention was (hopefully) to print directly to the printer from my Galaxy S. I got the printer and the Galaxy to pair with each other but am unable to get them to actually connect. Any thoughts out there?

Woolwell 22:45 27 Mar 2011

I thought that it was only for printing with Samsung Wireless printers click here
Surely it will not have the drivers for the HP.

Woolwell 22:50 27 Mar 2011

It's also for Samsung network (LAN) printers.

compumac 08:37 28 Mar 2011

Woolwel
Your link was associated with Outlook and iTunes.
The HP Printer that I have, indicates inserting a bluetooth adaptor into its own USB slot. This is as opposed to a wireless connection.
They can see each other but not connect.

compumac 09:03 28 Mar 2011

Woolwell
I had downloaded Samsung Mobile Print from the Samsung Market and installed it not appreciating it was intended for Samsung printers. The blurb about it refers to wireless connection as opposed to bluetooth and I was (in my ignorance) trying to connect it via bluetooth and was a little surprised when they recognised each other albeit they did not connect. My HP printer instructions indicate using an HP bluetooth adaptor for the purpose and I just had this Blue Soleil adaptor that had been hanging around for a couple of years being unused.

Woolwell 09:51 28 Mar 2011

Not the same link as before but more relevant! click here

Woolwell 09:53 28 Mar 2011

I think that the key wording in the Samsung App is Compatible with both wireless and networked Samsung printers. No mention of any other printers.

compumac 09:57 28 Mar 2011

Woolwell
Thanks for the link. As you said, it is for Samsung printers. Do you know anything about Filelinx mentioned in that link?

Woolwell 10:14 28 Mar 2011

Filelinx click here. Look at the video at about 2.57 in for print. The way I understand it you have to have a PC with Filelinx on.

compumac 11:00 28 Mar 2011

Woolwell
Thanks for the link. In between my posting and your link I had come across that site. From my point of view I do not need something as extensive as that. I can do all that I need by connecting Galaxy though Kies or as a storage unit and print whilst connected. I was just curious and messing about came across this old bluetooth adaptor and the HP Photosmart printer having bluetooth, I thought I wonder....... connected adaptor and they paired.

compumac 18:07 05 Apr 2011

Bump. Anyone suggest anything else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?