How to Use a Dynex HDTV As a Computer Monitor
The VGA port will have 15 pins and is typcially blue.
Most Dynex HDTVs have an on-board VGA input which allows you to connect your computer to the TV.
Instructions Things You'll Need
Laptop with VGA output VGA cable Dynex HDTV 1/8" to 1/8" cable audio cable
- Unplug both the computer and the Dynex HDTV from their power sources.
- Plug one end of the VGA cable into the VGA port on the HDTV. Secure the connection with the two screws attached to the VGA cable.
- Plug the other end of the VGA cable into your computer, again securing the connection with the two screws on the VGA cable.
- Plug one end of the 1/8" audio cable into the speaker jack on the computer. Connect the other end to the 1/8" "Audio In" jack on the TV, located next to the VGA port.
- Plug in the computer and the TV, and turn the TV on.
- Press "VGA" on the Dynex remote to select the VGA input on the TV.
- Turn on the computer.
- With windows Booted Up press Fn+ F? (key with blue square) to switch from laptop screen to external screen. windows should now appear on your TV.
If Fn keys do not appear to be working correctly try going to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Adjust commonly used mobility settings -> Fn Key Behavior
Change it to "Function key"
If you wish to use a HDMI cable (if your laptop has a HDMI output see here