Congratulations DVD....

dazwm 13:58 29 Nov 2006

A pal of mine is a DJ and wants to make a DVD. Whenever he does a function he wants to play a DVD that plays a song i.e Happy Birthday and has Happy Birthday etc on the screen visually for when they walk in. Also with weddings etc...... How do I do this and where would I get the software. It has to look a lot more professional than just 'clip art'.

Terry Brown 14:41 29 Nov 2006

Have a look at NERO software, that should do what you want
Terry

Stuartli 15:29 29 Nov 2006

You need CD+G (Graphics) software such as:

click here

Karaoke DVD types include:

click here

click here

Stuartli 15:33 29 Nov 2006

Some help:

click here

click here (Nero7 advice as Nero6 won't create CD+G disks, although this info appears to deny this: click here).

De Marcus™ 15:44 29 Nov 2006

If all you need is a simple 'Happy Birthday' picture with a 'Happy Birthday' backing track then Nero will do fine and look as professional as you decide to make it.

You can simply use the slide show option, i.e. One picture/photo in the slideshow, insert your happy b'day track, put a tick in the box for the picture to stay on the screen for as long as the song lasts and your done.
You could also use Nero to fade your picture in and out at the beginning and end in accordance with an equally faded backing track.

dazwm 16:02 29 Nov 2006

Vroom... that just went right over my head De Marcus™ lol

terryf 16:16 29 Nov 2006

If you want it to look more professional than clip art, from your last response, it seems that you and your pal should be employing a professional.

dazwm 16:23 29 Nov 2006

Thanks terryf but I thought this site was for help to do things ourself rather than employing professionals to do it and what I said to De Marcus™ was rather a tongue in cheek comment.

terryf 20:45 29 Nov 2006

Sorry, I took your remark literally, didn't see the smile on your face or an acknowledgement that the suggestion from De Marcus™ would solve your problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone