confusing report by NAV of infection.

Meshuga 21:46 18 Jan 2006

For a long time I have had " Asterisk Key" installed on my pc with no problems. I decided to install it on my daughters pc so I downloaded it on to a floppy disk. NAV immediately reported it as a Hacktool and advised deleting it. This was before I`d even taken the disk out of my pc. For safety I allowed it to delete it. I`ve tried again but it does the same thing. Why would nav allow it on my pc but not on the floppy?

SG Atlantis® 21:48 18 Jan 2006

because NAV is ill written and not worth the money?

Meshuga 22:15 18 Jan 2006

Am off to bed now but will check for any further replies in the morning.

Meshuga 07:17 19 Jan 2006

No further replies so far, will let it run for a bit. Thanks for your reply SG Atlantis.

SG Atlantis® 09:23 19 Jan 2006

did you have it installed prior to loading NAV?

Secondly don't allow NAV to delete it. Take the floppy to your daughter's machine and allow her anti-virus to scan it.

You can set the parameters that NAV uses when scanning floppies in it's options, I can't remember where (ages since I have been near it) maybe advanced?

Meshuga 15:22 19 Jan 2006

SG Atlantis, NAV was preinstalled 2 years ago when the pc was purchased so Asterisk Key , and various others were installed since. I intended doing as you suggested, ie- checking it on her machine when I can get there. Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?