"confirmation code"?

Phrixos 17:35 07 Mar 2008

Just now, I informed pcadvisor of my changed email address. The process involved, as usual, a "confirmation email" to my new address--but it also involved a new element in the form of a long and complicated "confirmation code", accompanied by the following "instruction":

"Important: Please ensure that the confirm code shown above matches the one in your confirmation email. Some mail programs may wrap and then cut short long URLs when you click on them and may not have included the full code - in this case please copy/paste the URL manually from your confirmation message then double-check that the confirm code shown above matches the one in the email. Thank you."

Does anybody know what that means?

I am further especially at a loss to think of what this means, since there was no mention of any confirmation code in the received email. Thus, I had to "reconfirm" the code was correct (while and thus having no idea whether it was correct, or not" just so I could log into this forum and ask this question. Kinda defeats the purpose, don'cha think?

ACOLYTE 18:09 07 Mar 2008

I think it means you should have got a web link in the email you got and to click that to confirm your email address.

Some site's cut bits off so when you click the link sometimes it doesn't work so ,copy the link from the email and paste it into the web browser,i am assuming that is what it means if not then i don't know sorry.

Phrixos 12:31 08 Mar 2008

"Should have" indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?