Configuring ZyXEL P-660HW series modem-router

viesiic 20:52 04 May 2007

Hi,
I am from Latvia and I have a BIG problem with my router (ZyXEL P-660HW series) configuration - I can't configure it from my pc through IE or Firefox (IP). When I'm trying to open that configuration page - it is not opening. Thats why I called to my provider (Apollo), and they said, that it is not possible from my pc, it is possible only from their technician's laptop! I dont understand why?! is there some another way how to configure it? ...very important, lot of programs are not working because that firewall is blocking them. If someone knows - please help!

setecio 21:53 04 May 2007

Which model? The relevant user guide should tell you how, the address depends on the model.

click here

viesiic 11:08 05 May 2007

My model is ZyXEL P-660HW-D1 and unfortunatly that adress 192.168.1.1 does not work. :( is there any another way how to access that router?

setecio 12:21 05 May 2007

Do you have all the things necessary to make it work as it says in section 2.1

(popup allowed, java working, IE 6 or newer)

viesiic 13:05 05 May 2007

yes, I have. I think the technichian may be blocked access from my pc's local IP adress to the web configurator and telnet. ..I read about this possibility in users manual. but now I dont know how to change my computers LAN IP adress.. and I have no idea what IP the technichian may be used as allowed IP. Oh man what a mess..

setecio 13:47 05 May 2007

You can see this, make sure you note the settings before changing anything.

Look in Network connections, local area connection - right click - properties
- highlight internet protocol - properties.

viesiic 14:49 05 May 2007

well, there I can see that there everything is set to automatic. nothing more.
my opinion now is to make a Reset, but later I dont know if the Internet will work then..
maybe there are some kind of software, with who I could confugure that ***** black box?! ...starts to get realy annoying.

Abra {tag28} 12:29 10 May 2007

Confirm that 192.168.1.1 is the routers ip - check on the support tab on the Local Area Connection status page. Look under default gateway. If this is different to 192.168.1.1 then use the different address in your browser.

As for their technician being the only one who can access it ... have you tried getting the public ip address of your connection, and logging in via that? It does sound like the best solution is going to be do a reset on the router, but that will lose your internet connection settings, so you might wanna get them written down first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?