Configuring Norton Anti-Virus Auto-Protect

Tijs 18:58 08 Jun 2003

When I first turn on my pc I have to wait 15-20 minutes for the Norton Anti-Virus Auto-Protect logo on the bottom bar to become uncrossed.

Until this happens I can't do anything on my pc, if I try to log-on to the internet a blank screen just appears. The same with reading email.

Then 15-20 minutes down the line the red cross disappears from the auto-protect logo and everything is working as normal.

Is there anyway I can configure or speed up Auto-Protect so I can get use out of my pc as soon as I turn on?

NORFOLK SPARKY 19:12 08 Jun 2003

have you tried right clicking symbol at the bottom and turn it on with a left click

Tijs 21:41 08 Jun 2003

Restarted computer, waited 10mins before auto-protect allowed me to log on. Right clicked on Auto-Protect symbol, left clicked on Enable Auto-Protect and nothing happened.

Opened my email but was unable to connect, closed email and a message appeared reading 'Program not responding'.

I then clicked on 'Norton properties' clicked on the Compatibility tab and noticed under 'Compatibility Mode' the setting is on Windows 95.
I am using XP. Is this ok?

The other options are:
WIN98/WIN ME
WIN NT 4.0 (SERVICE PACK 5)
WIN 2000

Should I leave the setting Windows95 or try the other settings??

mikef™ 22:14 08 Jun 2003

Sounds as if you have an outdated version of NAV that is not XP compatible have a look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?