configuring email acount

User-C36C17DD-CB36-4359-8C1755C210746FBE 14:29 12 Oct 2006

how do i add my ntlworld email account to outlook express.
i have followed the wizard but when i go to read mail all i get is you entered the wrong password

Diodorus Siculus 14:46 12 Oct 2006

Adding new email accounts in Outlook Express - POP - SMTP
click here

It may be that you have the username in the wrong format rather than the password. Some ISPs want the whole email address as username, others only want the first part of the address. Worth checking.

birdface 15:07 12 Oct 2006

Hi, NTL World are having problems with thier Home page at the moment.Probably affecting ther e-mail service, If you check out Ntl service Status. It will tell you on there,But I believe if you have not used your e-mail account within a certain time, They cancell it.

birdface 15:07 12 Oct 2006

Hi, NTL World are having problems with thier Home page at the moment.Probably affecting ther e-mail service, If you check out Ntl service Status. It will tell you on there,But I believe if you have not used your e-mail account within a certain time, They cancell it.

birdface 15:24 12 Oct 2006

Sorry about the double up, But having problems with NTL at he moment. If that answers any of your questions.

birdface 15:27 12 Oct 2006

If you have not used your NTL e-mail account for a while, They sometimes cancell it. Think it's 3 month's.They should have something on their Page for renewing your password.

birdface 15:47 12 Oct 2006

Hi .Me Again. Go to Ntl world home page ,Click on send mail.Put in your e-mail address and password. If it does not accept password,There will be a little Line on the right hand side of the password. It will say forgot your password, Click on that line ,you will have to give them your e-mail address, And they will send you on your password,Or renew it, Give it a try if you havent done so already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?