Configure Outlook Express with Talk Talk / OneTel

Guady 14:27 15 Mar 2008

I am trying to help a neighbour to set up Outlook Express on her Laptop - she already has it set up on her home PC but would like to be able to access and reply to e-mails when on holiday in Spain. She has an internet connection (dialup) in Spain and can get onto the internet. What we can't manage to do is access her TalkTalk (ex OneTel) e-mails. It should be possible to do this, shouldn't it? But we need all the info to put into the laptop to get it to connect to TalkTalk.
Also she doesn't want to actually "download" the e-mails on to the Laptop, which would mean she then couldn't get to them on her home PC. Could we do this through Tools - acs Properties - Leave on Server.
Really do hope someone can help. Many thanks

Stuartli 14:53 15 Mar 2008

The Username and Password for TalkTalk e-mails (including collecting through WebMail) are the e-mail address and password chosen by your neighbour.

They are separate from the Username (phonenumber@ talktalk.net) and TT designated Password for accessing the broadband service; these will, of course, only be viable on her home phone line.

Providing you can access the TalkTalk/AOL home page (when using dial-up), using the e-mail service Username and Password for WebMail should enable messages to be Sent or Received.

Jim_F 15:15 15 Mar 2008

Is this pay as you go or on a UK only number like 0845 ? - if this is the case it might be easier to use webmail from a browser - I don't know for sure but most isps do let you do this.

Jim_F 15:17 15 Mar 2008

Sorry Stewartli - I was still typing while you were sending !

kindly 15:54 15 Mar 2008

Guady, if you go to talktalk members page you will find how to do it there. Also do a google and you will find how to do it there also.

Stuartli 19:59 15 Mar 2008

>>Sorry Stewartli - I was still typing while you were sending !>>

You must type very, very slowly...:-)

Guady 09:24 16 Mar 2008

Thanks to all for your help! Will try to set up OE using info from TalkTalk (hope it will work for OneTel!) and if can't do it, then will use web based option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?