Configurations settings folder

hiwatt 11:01 16 May 2007

Hi folks,I've came across a folder in my downloaded installations folder and in it is a file called configuration settings 0x0409 that opens with notepad.It's just a lot of text regarding an installation.Should it be ok to delete it?Thanks.

Gongoozler 11:13 16 May 2007

I don't know anything about the contents of this folder, but 0x0409 is the hex code that Microsoft use to signify English as the language.

hiwatt 12:31 16 May 2007

Do you think it would be unwise to delete it?It's only the one file in the folder.It's a "text" file that opens with notepad,Thanks.

Gongoozler 13:43 16 May 2007

I don't know anything about the folder so I can't really advise you about deleting it. I expect that it's a very small folder so there's little advantage to deleting it. There are two fairly safe ways of finding out. One is to delete the folder but not to empty the recycle bin until you are confident that deleting it has had no negative effect. The other is to rename the folder, e.g call it oldconfiguration settings 0x0409, again until you are confident enough to make a permanent deletion. My guess is that it's a left over from an old installation that can be safely removed.

hiwatt 15:46 16 May 2007

Thanks gongoozler.You're right it is a small folder but I'm trying to safe some disk space and clearing out anything I can.Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?