Conecting your digital video camera to your pc

  PCUSER2 10:55 15 Jul 2004

Hey all,
I'm trying to cature my recorded video from my video camera to my pc into windows movie maker,
can this be done through the usb port or do I need a ieee capture card&cable as the camera has a dv input I currently dont have these is there another way? my pc has only a gforce 2 graphic card.Digital camera 'panasonic nvgs50

your help is appreciated

  TomJerry 11:46 15 Jul 2004

You need Firewire (IEEE 1394) card. There is absoultely no other way. Here is one for you Ebuyer PCI Firewire 1394A Card with 3 External and 1 Internal Port £11.74 click here. You need to open up PC to fit the card, but fitting a PCI card is the easiest PC upgrade.

By the way, there is only a few D#digital video camrea models in the whole world use usb2 to transfer the video. panasonic nvgs50 (I also have one) is not one of them.

  PCUSER2 11:58 15 Jul 2004

cheers TomJerry
will get one

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?