conect 2 pc's

gaz7777gaz 15:51 15 Mar 2008

hi can anybody tell me which is the best way to conect two pc's.all i want to do is get a internet conection to the other pc .i have 1 pc(mine) with as a internet conection and i have a old pc that is right next to my new one ,which i want to set up for my children that i can make safe .at present i only have one internet line and i dont really want to get another ijust want to get that pc online we dont need to share files as it is just for them.but the other problem i have is that my new pc is 64bit xp and my old one is just xp home i have a canon printer which works with my old pc but can't get 64bit drivers for the new one as canon have not got any yet can any body give me advise thanks gaz.

Jak_1 15:58 15 Mar 2008

Click start > Network Connections > Set up a home or small office network.

This will bring up the network wizard, just don't make a shared folder if you don't want to file share between the two.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:40 15 Mar 2008

As they are next to each other just connect them with a ethernet crossover cable and enanle internet sharing on your PC.

Worth also sharing files as you could then put a back up of each machine on the other if things go wrong then easy to restore the backup.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone