Computer won't allow me to book airline tickets

heavymetalkid 18:29 04 Oct 2005

I've been trying to book an airline ticket on Expedia with no success for the past week.Aok until I get to the end of the sequence and click on "book tickets". Then I can go no further. The taskbar goes up to half way and then no further, even after 30 minutes. Expedia tell me they have no problems. I run XP and am on dial up. My daughter on 1 m. broadband has the same problem,my brother on 2mg broadband can get through. I've tried turning off my Firewall, but this makes no difference. Can anyone help?

€dstowe 18:33 04 Oct 2005

Which browser are you using?

I've found that some financial transactions can only be carried to completion using Internet Explorer. If I try to use Firefox or Opera, I get so far into the procedure (as you are doing) then the whole thing fails.

heavymetalkid 18:38 04 Oct 2005

Greetings CD, yes, I'm using Internet Explorer.

€dstowe 18:56 04 Oct 2005

Oh! I'm stuck then, sorry.

octal 19:07 04 Oct 2005

It sounds like you are having trouble trying to access the secure section of the site. To start with can you access this site as a test click here the site starts with https instead of the usual http.

heavymetalkid 19:23 04 Oct 2005

Thanks CD, Hello Octal,.yep, that loaded instantly.

octal 19:28 04 Oct 2005

OK its not that then, back to the drawing board.

johnnyrocker 19:36 04 Oct 2005

do you have a pop up stopper because usually the transaction window opens in a seperate one and pop up stoppers can mistake the next page and block it.

johnny.

heavymetalkid 19:48 04 Oct 2005

Greetings Johnny,yep got one I'll try and tutn it off.

heavymetalkid 20:01 04 Oct 2005

No mate,even with it off, still can't proceed. Good suggestion though.

DavidB71 21:35 04 Oct 2005

When all other options like this fail for me I totally switch off my internet security (mine's Norton). If this solves the problem I then have to figure out what to tell Norton to allow. Try the transaction with any such software disabled. I know it's not ideal but it's only for a short time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?