computer will not start up

jo_jo 14:29 03 Oct 2007

Hi was using limewire on my computer everything was fine but passed few days it was going slow a friend told me to put AVG on so i did which was fine. Then it froze on a page so i turned it off then on again and nothing it went on to black screen which said safe mode ect and open windows as usuall i tried all it got on to windows starting up then jumped back to same page what have i done. Have i killed my comp?

LAP 15:07 03 Oct 2007

Have you tried system restore in safe mode.

1 Start with the computer OFF.
2 Monitor ON.
3 Switch the computer ON and at the same time hit the F8 key continuously.
4 Use the ‘up key’ and move the cursor to ‘SAFE MODE’
5 Click ‘ENTER’
6 Click ‘ENTER’ then wait.
7 Select ‘Administrator’ & click.
8 Select ‘NO’
9 Select ‘NEXT’
10 Select the previous ‘DATE’ that is highlighted (normally yesterday or when your computer was working correctly)
11 Select ‘NEXT’
12 Select ‘NEXT’
13 If the mouse does not move, leave the monitor on and switch the computer off, leave for a minute then switch computer back on.

Trackrat 15:36 03 Oct 2007

Also you can select safe mode with internet and do an online scan for any virus here.

click here

woodchip 15:54 03 Oct 2007

Bit late to put a AntiVirus program on if you caught a virus. Restore is not going to put this right. Are you saying that you when to a file sharing site without any protection???????

jo_jo 16:49 03 Oct 2007

hi i tried that lets me do f8 brings safe mode then nothing i pressed them all just brings up aload of writting multidisc ect then back to beginin i cant get the admin part. Im not on that comp now as i have a spare tower so i cant do it online on other as i cant even turn it on. Yes i did have norton but it ran out. thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?