Computer will not recognize my digital camera

cuscus 13:10 07 May 2007

I bought myself a Kodak easyshare Z650 and just love it. My problem is that I cannot get my computer to recognize my camera in order to download my pictures. I've done it once and it took me like 2 days to finally get it done and I don't remember how I did it but today I connect my camera and it keeps looking for Z650 connection which does not exist. When I tried to make a connection through Control Panel, Scanners and Cameras it only gives me access to 3 camera numbers in the 200s and none in the Z numbers.

What can I do?

thms 13:27 07 May 2007

Have a look here

click here

woodchip 13:38 07 May 2007

Did you load the Drivers and Software Before plugging in the Camera???

Kate B 14:08 07 May 2007

Shouldn't it just plug in to a USB port and then show up as a removable drive under My Computer?

woodchip 14:56 07 May 2007

Not always

cuscus 20:07 07 May 2007

thms: I've been through that process already.
woodchip: yes I downloaded the software first.

I sent an email to Kodak and if we find what the problem is I'll let you know.

Totally-braindead 20:10 07 May 2007

You could try Picassa 2 and try importing the images from the camera and see if that works.
click here

rdave13 20:22 07 May 2007

May be it would be better to uninstall drivers/software then run a reg fix and reboot. Try and let windows use the plug and play feature.

woodchip 20:29 07 May 2007

Camera may also only be seen within the Software you installed. This depends on the Camera and Drivers

bluto1 21:50 07 May 2007

Rdave13 gave the clue. Uninstall everything you`ve installed for the camera, then check the installation notes you`ve got, follow the instructions and install anew. I bet you your camera is then recognised. `luck

Migwell 00:25 08 May 2007

Don't bother connecting a camera to a computer. Why not just use a card reader. It is soooo much easier. I NEVER connect my cameras directly to the computer or a TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?