computer will not boot up

Ozy 18:34 27 Oct 2013
Answered

Socket 775 Board MB4107MA-52 Memory 1 GigDDR2

On my testing computer I have windows 7 dual booted with windows8.1. Pentium 4 2.93 Prescot It has always booted fine ,until today. Now when I power up it gives one peep, and up comes a black screen saying “Press tab to see post, press del to enter setup”, then it freezes, no matter how long I leave it, it does not boot up. I have tried disconnecting each drive in turn, and both drives atonce,

woodchip 19:45 27 Oct 2013

If you have a good Working PSU that as enough watts to drive your system try it. also try the PC with side off and a fan blowing cold air onto the cpu

bumpkin 20:03 27 Oct 2013

I would have thought a good clean out to be the first step especially the heatsink.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:17 27 Oct 2013

BIOS not finding hard disk to boot from or boot files corrupted

first check no disks in dvd drive and USB flash drives unplugged

then check the BIOS is seeing the hard drive and the boot order is set to DVD drive first followed by hard drive.

Ozy 13:43 28 Oct 2013
Answer

on examining my computer motherboard,i found that the four pin socket that feeds the processor was hardly connected.on pressing this home the computer booted normaly. when I changed every thing, fom the original case to a better case,i must have not pressed this socket home, and it subsequently worked loose

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?