Computer Very Slow & Computer freezes, please HELP

  Solartopi 20:22 07 Jan 2008
Locked

I'm having problems with my computer, I am thoroughly frustrated - it is so slow and I don't know what to do. If I try to click on a link it just freezes and I have to eventually turn the computer off & restart. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Solartopi

  rossgolf 20:25 07 Jan 2008

have you done the basic virus scan, malware, syware?

try searchin the forum using the box above because this question has been asked alot of times and it would save us and u alot of time by doin all of the things mentioned in the other posts

  skidzy 20:27 07 Jan 2008

Hi Solartopi

Time to run your antivirus and antispyware apps in safemode.

SAS click here

Housecall,online scanner click here

See what they say,if no joy come back to us.

  Solartopi 21:20 07 Jan 2008

rossgolf,

Thanks for the advise.

  Solartopi 21:24 07 Jan 2008

Thanks skidzy, I shall try all what you have mentioned & come back if needed. I'm Keeping fingers crossed.

Solartopi

  birdface 21:32 07 Jan 2008

Make sure the air vents are not clogged up with dust and fluff.If so the inside will also need a clean. Press Ctrl Alt and delete at the same time.it takes you into Task Manager.Processes.Under CPU system idle process should be showing about 97% all the rest the remaining 3% that is if you have nothing running at the time.If anything else using up a high % of the CPU what is it.

  birdface 11:51 10 Jan 2008

Have you had any luck yet.Or do you still have problems.

  Solartopi 21:48 12 Jan 2008

Hi All,

I eventually did a System Restore.

Thanks very much for all your HELP. SORRY for the late reply

God bless

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?