Computer Turns Itself Off Randomly

callgar 10:16 11 Aug 2013

Hi, recently my Laptop (Asus N53sv) has started turning itself off without warning, randomly. I initially thought it may be an overheating or fan issue and have ran both speed fan and core temp. The fan appears to be working as normal and the cpu is running between 50-60oC so i don't think that's the problem. I also updated my computers drivers hoping that would solve the problem however it has persisted. I have no idea what else could be causing this problem so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:39 11 Aug 2013

Would normally suspect overheat - a good clean out of grills and fan will not hurt.

Try running a disk check and sfc /scannow for corrupt files.

Also check memory and the Power supply voltages.

callgar 17:39 12 Aug 2013

I ran a disk check which found some problems and repaired them, and also the sfc /scannnow which didnt find any problems. I'd hoped that would have solved it but it turned off shortly after id finished running them. Could you advise me how to check the voltage of the memory and power supply as i have no idea :( and also Jock1e sometimes when running google chrome or vlc player it takes up a lot of the cpu and the cpu load jumps to 100% however nothing appears to constantly be taking up the cpu.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:50 12 Aug 2013

Not memory voltage just whether memory is working ok under stress memtest will test it for you but does take awhile.

The laptop power brick will have input and out put voltages shown on the label typically 19v DC to the laptop the diagram on the label will show whether the inner or outer pin is pos or neg you will need a multimeter of voltage tester

1]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?