Computer turning on every morning at 9:12am

John Dillon 03:48 04 May 2017

My computer has been waking from sleep mode every morning at the same time for the past couple months. I should have asked for help sooner, but I've been busy with school. There's no program that is being shown to be waking it, and I have the timer to wake disabled in my BIOS.

click here question: I also have an error every 3 to five minutes telling me I have low disk space in my system reserved, and it's truly getting annoying. Can I disable this?

Side

wee eddie 04:10 04 May 2017

Just a hint of what it may be.

Someone else will have to tell you how to deal with it, although Google has some fairly specific instructions.

Wake on LAN

Archonar 08:56 04 May 2017

He says it's waking from sleep, so I would agree with wee eddie that it may be network activity, some network adapters wake the pc if certain packets come in. If you open an admin command prompt and enter "powercfg /waketimers", the reason may show there.

John Dillon 14:42 04 May 2017

I've used the cfg to check if anything is causing the wake, and it's null. I'll have to check that with wake timers. I don't believe that it's waking via LAN but I can look into it.

Thanks everyone

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 04 May 2017

spam from ashely 102

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires