Computer takes time to boot up

Eddd 15:07 26 Jul 2010

Have recently changed MoBo to a Foxconn M61PMV
I had this problem before and thought maybe by changing the MoBo would sort it out but it hasn't.
What happens is when I turn the pc on there is a lot of activity with the 2 dvd-rw drives as if the bios is searching for something.
After anything from a minute to 5 minutes the pc then boots into win 7 professional and runs ok.
This originally started when I changed my graphics card to a 1gb series 5700 HD one by sapphire.
All my software is up to date and I am using kapersaky internet security 2010 and windows default firewall, plus my router has a firewall built in as well.
The dvd drives are set as master and slave on an IDE cable. I have installed an 800 watt psu and have 4gb ram, also my cpu is an amd Athlon 64 x2 6000+ running at 3ghz. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I have just ordered a new sata dvd -rw drive which should be here tomorrow, thinking that maybe it the ide drives that may be on their way out,both my hard drives are sata, but not raid configured as I want to keep them as seperate drives. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:25 26 Jul 2010

Tried booting with DVD drives disconnected?

Is BIOS set with DVD drives as first boot device?

Eddd 19:15 26 Jul 2010

Have tried booting with dvd drives unplugged both from psu and ide socket on MoBo.
Instead of getting the whirring of the dvd drives going on, I just got silence and then the pc booted, but not straight away, it took about the same time as when the dvd drives were connected.
I have tried connecting to the psu with a different cable and still no difference.

Eddd 19:16 26 Jul 2010

Also have tried turning off all but hard drive in bios settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires