Computer so slow please help!!

Kerry_wo 12:12 24 Oct 2006

HI I hope someone can help me. I have a Pentium 4 Processor and Windows XP. My computer was really slow so I got rid of applications I didnt think I needed but it made it even worse - I couldnt work it so installed all the hardware again and it seems to be working just about. I keep getting errors though like when I open AOL
"A runtime error has occurred do you wish to debug? Unterminated string constant" I click yes then get
"Runtime error again.... Line: 490 Error: Object Required" I click yes then get
"Runtime error Line: 213 Error: Object Expected then I go on to AOL computer check up and get
"Runtime error! Program:...Files/Common files/symantec shared/app core/appsvc32.exe R6025 pure virtual function call"
I have norton security and have paid for the subscription so Im sort of stuck with it although Ive heard bad things about it. Please help Im at the end of my tether it takes about 20 mins just to load the PC!! I feel like starting again but this is supposed to be a good PC!! And I hope this works cus Ive typed it out once it didnt work!

andrew-196854 12:21 24 Oct 2006

do you have any spyware programs on your pc like adware se or spybot?

recap 12:25 24 Oct 2006

click here for Symantec's Auto Fix tool.

i recently had free upgrade to norton 07, if you have paid for 2006 it,s free and pc is much faster and less cluttered, sorry dont know how to do the hyper link thing but link is on my thread on absolute beginners, should help the problem

Technotiger 15:30 24 Oct 2006

Hi, to do the hyper-link thing ...

Highlight the URL in tha Address bar, then go to Edit and click on Copy. Next, go to this box on the Thread where you want to put the link and click on Paste. Then when you post the response the link will appear as a "Click here".

Cheers.

Technotiger 15:31 24 Oct 2006

Sorry, meant to say ... Right click, and then click on Paste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone