Computer Slow to Post

RobCharles1981 10:24 06 Sep 2006

This is my mobo click here

Ive recently changed the Cmos battery and it takes 2032 then when it evantualy does post says something that overclocking features need to be reset or something like that, I find that when going into Windows the Time has changed!!

Could this be a dud battary ??

FatboySlim71 10:48 06 Sep 2006

I would try another battery in and see if the problem is still there, try getting an Energiser battery or another well known make as some cheap batteries are more prone to be duds as these seem to have poor quality control, thats what I have found in my experiance. Also try switching off any overclock features for now, basically you want the pc to be booting up with its default speed settings.

ACOLYTE 10:51 06 Sep 2006

If you have changed the battery everything gets reset you need to set it all up again,it should do most things for you if it has auto detect in the bios,or you could just load the default/optimal settings.

If you have already done this and it keeps changing then check the battery is inserted right if it,it may well be a dud only way to tell is try another,fortunately there are not expensive.

RobCharles1981 16:35 06 Sep 2006

I know cause it cost me 99p !!

woodchip 19:00 06 Sep 2006

When you take the battery out, you lose all BIOS settings including time you need to reset them inluding FSB for CPU

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?