computer slow

El jimbo 16:57 28 Jan 2005

My computer is new, but it is very slow on the internet. I have had problem with viruses in the past. Is there any way of finding out why it's slow?

georgemac © 17:12 28 Jan 2005

I use AVG 7 anti-virus software by Grisoft, which is available free for personal use. If you have a broadband connection, I advise you to use the auto update function to update your Anti Virus every day. click here

Some people and companies want to see what you do on the internet, and monitor your habits, and will deposit software on your PC without your permission to do this. Install SpywareBlaster software which is free to protect your computer, and install SpyBot Search and Destroy and Adaware to scan for spyware and remove it. All programs have the facility to check for updates to their databases and should be updated regularly.

click here click here click here

Also delete all your temporary internet files - internet explorer - tools options

this should help

El jimbo 16:40 30 Jan 2005

georgemac, thanks. I have adaware and spybot which I run and update regularly. I also have nortons. Still the machine is slower than it should be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?