Computer Problem

littlemisskara 22:50 24 Apr 2007

Can anyone give me any advice. For the last few weeks my computer has had regular bouts of shutting down on its own. On occasions when i try to switch it back on it shuts off again and eventually starts up properly on the third or fourth attempt.
I have ran all the necessary virus scans and anti spyware scans and nothing has been detected.
I have heard that laptops can sometimes overheat. My computer is a packard bell laptop and untill a few weeks ago i didnt hve any problems with it.
Can anyone help me.

when it shuts down has it been on a long or short time? I have a toshiba laptop it gets quite hot at times, so what I do is prop up the back of the machine on a book or something similar. The difference in temperature is amazing, try that first. If it work then buy one of these laptop stands.

littlemisskara 00:42 25 Apr 2007

Thankyou Handyd I will try that. My computer does get very hot ast times. i have never thought of putting a book underneath it.
You help is very much appreciated.

p;3 06:00 25 Apr 2007

one assumes that the batttery is correctly charging?

also my lap top when in use gets parked with its back end perched on a small book or sumunt to allow the air to circulate under it, keeping it cooler

wee eddie 11:18 25 Apr 2007

It might be worth-while getting a stiff brush and a can of compressed air to clear it's air ways.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?