Computer overheating causing FPS drops

TimeMuffin 14:28 05 Feb 2015

Hi, I've been having this problem for awhile now and I've tried pretty much everything in the book at this point (everything simple enough anyway). My computer repairman couldn't diagnose the problem which worries me. Anyway from what I understand, my motherboard is becoming too hot and is causing the FPS to drop. I remember testing this awhile ago with software people recommended. My PC is more than capable for running the game I'm testing with (I will leave the specs in the post). My computer also has decent cabling, along with water-cooling and 4 fans; I've also cleaned it pretty thoroughly at this point.

Recently while playing Dying Light for about 10 minutes, my power supply actually fried. That's why I ended up going to my repairman, of course he just replaced the power supply and gave me a power surge protector and I'm afraid to try again at this point - surely this is part of a bigger problem. Sorry if I'm rambling at this point, I'm just looking to fix this, thanks.

Here is my DxDiag: click here

TimeMuffin 18:12 05 Feb 2015

Just did some tests, the program shows these max temps:

Motherboard: 92 Celsius

Graphics Card: 75 Celsius

Processor: 85 Celsius

This is most likely what kind of heat I'm experiencing when the frames drop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 05 Feb 2015

That's hot

are fans connected correctly so they are pulling air across the motherboard?

is there dirt in the heatsink has the coolant pump stopped or do you have air licks in the coolant i.e. no coolant flow.

TimeMuffin 18:45 05 Feb 2015

All fans are working, the exhaust fan is blowing out hot air as far as I can tell. How would I tell if there is dirt in the heatsink? And how do I tell if my water cooling is working? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:36 05 Feb 2015

Have a read here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?