Computer Not reading my SD 2gb memory card...

mklucio16 10:57 09 Feb 2008

When i place the card into the card reader, i hear a noise which tells me a device was inserted, but when i look in my computer, its not there... when i remove the card from my computer, a noise sounds to acknowledge the removal of the device. No new icons display on the system tray..

It worked fine before, and then it suddenly 'stopped' working. i use a usb cable to the camera to get my pictures.

When i insert another picture card, the computer reads it, and it all shows up. I used an XD 265 MB card to test it.

The memory card is not locked either... and i tries reformatting the card through the camera several times.

Everything is normal with the card, camera and computer.
Im running my computer on XP... i've exhausted all options i could think of, and i really need help.

Thanks

howard64 10:12 10 Feb 2008

this could be a contact on the card that is only used by the card reader has become damaged? or maybe dirty? have you tried the card in a different reader?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:15 10 Feb 2008

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here

mklucio16 00:19 11 Feb 2008

i dont think the card reader is damaged; i tried a different card in my reader and it worked fine. i did dont try my 2gb card on a different card reader. i will try this when i have the next chance.

i tried using the drive clean... everytime i run it, it says it removes 2 storage volumes. i try again, it says it removed the same 2 storage volumes... its like its not removing whatever it says it removes, and it always says it removed the same volumes...

so far, no solution... i need help!!!

thanks for the help so far. i appreciate everybody's time and effort

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?