computer networking

  karen-241100 07:45 13 Feb 2004

I want to network 2 computers together and have been told that you can get something that plugs into a USB port.

Anyone know what this is and how it works?

  Diodorus Siculus 07:55 13 Feb 2004

You can get a USB cable with a "crossover" unit in the middle - do a search on ebuyer or the likes and you will find one.

A better option to my mind is to get a couple of network cards (NICs) and a network crossover cable - it will work easier, be easier to troubleshoot, and allow you to have a truer network. To the best of my knowledge, the USB option will not be easy to get working for internet sharing and the like.

  anon1 19:12 13 Feb 2004

click here
everything you need to know is here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?